Friday, May 2, 2014

Thank You

Hey ya'all! So, I know I have already posted today, but I also know that when you get inspired... You should write. It kind of hit me when reading this thank you letter.

So here it goes:
Thank you to my mom who has been through every single emotion even possible since December when I was hospitalized.I am so thankful for her because she sat there day in and out through every single day.

Thank you to the EMTs who convinced me to go to the hospital in the first place. I suppose that I essentially owe my life to them. They made me feel okay. I really wish I knew their names.

Thank you to my family and friends who dropped everything to come visit and stay with my mom and brother through all of my hardships.Some of y'all were there from night to night. Y'all have honestly sown my family and me who is really there for me. It is the most amazing thing to hear some of those stories.

Thank you to Dr. Wright who gave my mom and family more information in one conversation than they had gotten from anyone else in the entire time before that I had been in the hospital. He made me feel at ease with some things when I finally met him as well. It is totally evident that he adores his job. He loves what he does.

I have another thank you to my first nurse coming into my last room at the hospital. She was my day nurse, and she totally made me feel so much better. I am a pretty modest person. She made me feel really safe. I came out of the coma, unable to do much because I had been under and lost muscle mass. I had to be cleaned every time something happened. It is really embarrassing for a while, but she understood me.

I really want to say thank you to one of the assistants. His name was Tyler, and he was the first male I had take care of me since waking up, and it was a little awkward because I was unsure, but he talked to me and made sure that not only I was comfortable with everything, but that my family was also. There was also a night when a nurse (whom we had requested no longer be assigned to take care of me for certain reasons) had been assigned to my room. We told him, and he had my nurse immediately changed. He was someone really memorable the night we all got munchies at like nine thirty. He brought us ice cream sandwiches, graham crackers, and some other stuff to have as snacks. It was great.

I was super thankful to find out that the women staying in the dorm would not let them cook. I felt really thankful to have them take care of my family, They needed someone to be there for them while they were there for me. I do not even have words to express how thankful I am for that. They are such amazing people.

Another thing is that I am thankful for the college for the support they gave my family. They gave them food, housing, support, and somewhere to sleep while I was extremely sick. They gave us so much while I was trying to recover. It even continued when I got out because my mom and brother had to be relocated.

All in all.. I am super thankful! I hope people and realize that even though I have said it over and over... I really can not say it enough! Please let this Golden Heart know who you are thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment