Thursday, May 1, 2014

Long time coming...



I guess this post is really fitting considering everything that has happened. I though that when I made this blog, I would keep up, but never did. Here is my effort to breathe new life into the configuration of who I am. Well, most of the people who read this blog will have known my struggles this past year. I think back to when I was finishing sophomore year. I was so excited about the relationship I was in. I was looking forward to the summer because of everything I had planned. He was going to spend the summer with me, and we were going to spend time with both of our families. I am so frustrated in a way because I spent seven months of my life with him... and in a week... His feelings for me completely changed. But now I realize what I learned about life through that relationship.

I suppose I have to think back to the events of December and January. I never could have thought that it could happen to me. I guess I forget my run of luck. God's been the center of my life and growing stronger since I rededicated my life freshman year of high school. I feel that Satan keeps pushing me further to see how strong that bond is. I think I have come close to letting it go a couple of times because I was afraid of someone else snapping it for me. I now know that God has these HUGE plans I can never fathom because I literally died in mid-December. I was brought back by His grace. I think it was a way for Him to tell me to shut up and slow down because honestly, I thought I had everything planned out. I thought that I was gonna do this and that. I thought I was gonna graduate in May 2015, but I was also gonna have to drop my honors pursuit. I am very happy that I am here. God has some plans for me. I do not know anything He has planned for me... but I know I am ready to do it. I am ready to get on with life.

I guess this might be a little bit for a back to blog post... but I am feeling good. The next one will be more positive hopefully. Out of my negative experiences that happened, there have been some things to happen with me. Like all things, the good, the bad, and the ugly, I will overcome and move past these events and they will become part of the configuration of my Golden Heart. <3

3 comments:

  1. I love you! We can't explain why things happen to us the way they do, or why God pushes us....maybe not past more than we can handle, but pretty darn close. Our experiences shape us and give us skill sets that will get us through future challenges though... God puts us through the "refiner's fire", and our adversity makes us all the more beautiful. It gives us depth of character. And you, my dear, are one of the most beautiful individuals I know, inside and out! You truly have a golden heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! I am so blessed. I know this. I can tell from the people I find myself surrounded by in this life. And I know that you are my first Wesleyan sister and always will be. I still cannot believe you are graduating. I am just gonna miss you like crazy. ANd you my dear may be a PK but you have a golden heart as well. You are a stunning person. I totally wish you could see yourself from my perspective. It is something amazing to watch.

      Delete
  2. YAY!!!! Write, write, write...then write some more!

    ReplyDelete